The Clemson Downs Genesis Rehabilitation Program
Genesis Rehabilitation Services partners with Clemson Downs to provide onsite physical, occupational, and speech therapy in the Corley Center and Healthcare Center for your convenience. Their goal is to help increase or maintain the independence of our residents for as long as possible. If you have questions about the services they offer, please stop by the Genesis office in the Healthcare Center or contact them at 864-722-9059.
Physical therapy restores function for individuals who
have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction.
Individualized therapeutic treatment may include:
• Training in mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning
• Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
• Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range-of-motion
• Pain management
Occupational therapy assists individuals with adapting to their social and physical environment.
OT enhances patient functionality through:
• Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
• Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
• Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
• Strengthening and coordination exercises
• Exercises to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions to maintain normal joint movement
Speech-language pathologists address communication and swallowing dysfunction.
Treatment plans are designed for individual needs, such as:
• Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
• Verbal and non-verbal communication, including programs for the hearing impaired
• Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
• Appropriate diet recommendations